A guest post from Dr. Milton Adams, director of Simple Church Global Network.
- “Before the final visitation of God’s judgments upon the earth, there will be, among the people of the Lord, such a revival of primitive godliness as has not been witnessed since apostolic times. The Spirit and power of God will be poured out upon His children. At that time many will separate themselves from those churches in which the love of this world has supplanted love for God and His Word.” (Great Controversy, p. 464, italics supplied.)
- “Multitudes of Christians within the church are moving toward the point where they may reject the institution that we call the church. They are beginning to turn to more simplified forms of worship. They are hungry for a personal and vital experience with Jesus Christ. They want a heartwarming personal faith. Unless the church quickly recovers its authoritative Biblical message, we may witness the spectacle of millions of Christians going outside the institutional church to find spiritual food.” (http://www.ccel.us/worldaflame.ch8.html, p. 86. Accessed Sept. 17, 2015.)
- “I want to show you what our research has uncovered regarding a growing sub-nation of people, already well over 20 million strong, who are what we call Revolutionaries.” They are people who are walking away form the local church—to go find God. (Revolution, p. 14, 39, 64-65, 103.)
- The dechurched represents 33 percent (104 million) of the American population who have walked away from conventional churches—to go find God. Furthermore, these people, characterized as decurched, the “Nones and Dones,” are the fastest growing segment of the population (p. 20).
- “As our society approaches a post-institutional area, it’s entirely possible that the near monopoly that the church has enjoyed over faithful expressions of religious connections may be coming to an end. The activities of the dechurched may be ushering in a new understanding of what religious activity means. If this trend continues, it will fundamentally reshape the way Americans experience organized religion.” (Church Refugees: Sociologists reveal why people are DONE with church but not their faith, p. 69.)
- Let’s not assume that those who respond to new truth from the Bible will continue worshiping in traditional church buildings–just on a different day of the week. Statistics already show a growing group of people who are leaving their churches to gather informally, often in house churches, as they search for God.
- Simple Church Bible Study Guides (6 vols.) are included in every Logos SDA base package. Click here for information. The study guide set is also available here as a standalone purchase. Both options make immediate downloading possible.
Visit www.SimpleChurchAtHome.com for more information about a global network of house churches that provides online training, coaching, resources, and networking among house churches. Director Milton Adams (DMin, Church Growth, Andrews University) won an award for his dissertation. He and his family live in Linden, Tennessee.